Hog Bay Software releases WriteRoom 2.0
January 3, 2007
Today Hog Bay Software announces the release of WriteRoom 2.0, a distraction free writing environment.
WriteRoom is for people who enjoy the simpllicity of a typewriter, but live in the digital world. WriteRoom is a full-screen, distraction-free writing environment. Unlike the cluttered word processors you’re used to, WriteRoom is just about you and your text.
Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
– WriteRoom 2.0 is document based with improved auto-save. WriteRoom now uses a document based interface with standard text file formats.
The always on auto-save implementation has changed to be more robust to better protected your data in case of a crash or power failure.
– New rich text and wrap to page support. WriteRoom is now a full Text Edit replacement.
– New “Edit in WriteRoom” plugin. Now seamlessly edit text from other applications with a single keystroke.
– New ways to customize your editing experience including block cursors, line highlights, and default paragraph formating for both
plain and rich text documents. Plus WriteRoom now supports
typewriter scrolling to keep the line that you are editing centered on the screen.
– New features for professional writers including live word counts and display of invisible whitespace characters.
WriteRoom is available for free from Hog Bay Software at http:// www.hogbaysoftware.com/