Stairways Software releases Interarchy 8.1
June 20, 2006
Stairways Software Pty Ltd is pleased to announce Interarchy 8.1, the new Universal Binary version of its powerful, flexible, award-winning Internet application for Mac OS X. This release adds support for accessing Amazon S3, Amazons’s Simple Storage Service giving users direct access to unlimited amounts of disk space and bandwidth, as well as adding support for Auto Uploads to multiple remote directories, allowing a file to be dropped on Interarchy and uploaded to multiple remote sites in a single action.
Interarchy can download and upload files via FTP (the Internet standard File Transfer Protocol), SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol), WebDAV (including iDisks), and Amazon S3 as well as FTP over SSH (FTP/SSH) and SSL-TLS. In addition, it can download files or whole web sites using HTTP, provide a wealth of information about your Internet connection, and help you work with remote servers across the Internet.
Interarchy 8 follows on the long history of improvements to provide a host of new features. Major new features in Interarchy 8 include:
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel native code.
* Automator Actions (Download, List, Upload).
* Dashboard Widgets (Bookmark, Network Status).
* WebDAV support, including Apple’s iDisk.
* Amazon S3 support.
* HTTP Authentication.
* New streamlined combined input window.
* Combined Mirror Reports window.
* Full international support with UTF-8 everywhere.
* Mirror Dry Run.
* Preserve permissions and dates in SFTP.
* Merge/Overwrite/Ask/Abort for folder uploads.
* Auto Uploads to multiple remote directories.
Interarchy 8 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or greater.
Interarchy 8.1 adds the following changes and refinements:
* Support for Amazon S3, Amazon’s Simple Storage Service.
* Auto Upload to multiple remote directories with a single action.
* Improved upload progress display.
* Fixed problems uploading files greater than 1Meg to WebDAV.
* New Upload Permissions allows you to pre-set upload permissions.
* Various other minor fixes (see for more details).
Interarchy is engineered by Stairways Software Pty Ltd and distributed by Kagi. Interarchy is licensed on a per workstation basis (individuals can choose to license it on a per user basis).
New customers can purchase Interarchy from for US$39.
Version 8.1 is a free upgrade for owners of Interarchy 8.x, or for customers who purchased Interarchy 7.x after 1 January 2006. Customers can look up their Interarchy license at .
Version 8.x is a paid upgrade for purchases before January 2006. Customers who purchased any previous version of Interarchy (or Anarchie) before January 2006 can upgrade to Interarchy 8 for US$19. For instructions on claiming your discounted upgrade to version 8, look up your license at .